Disable collision avoidance for shipping pose

Raj

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to disable collision avoidance. I am trying to get the robot to go to its shipping pose in the SDK but because the head has a very big diameter for collision avoidance, the robot doesn't fully go to the required position.  I have tried to publish to the /robot/limb/right/suppress_collision_avoidance topic but it didn't work. Could someone help me do this? I do know that I can use shipping pose in Intera but as the robot is mostly used in SDK it would be faster to have a script in the SDK.

Thank You

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Raj, 

To disable self-collision avoidance, a std_msgs/Empty message must be published at a rate greater than 5 Hz. If the command is not working for you, please post the output from the terminal so we can help you resolve the issue better.

There are few steps to get the shipping pose, currently, we do not have a script for SDK user to do shipping pose because the pose needs to have collision disabled which may cause the robot hurt itself if a motion happened after.

You may be able to command the arm to neutral pose first, move the head to shipping pose, then disable the collision avoidance. After these steps, try to move the arm to the shipping pose.

If the robot arm gets stuck while moving to the shipping pose after the collision avoidance disabled, you might need to re-calibrate the arm. Please read the Warning below and find more info at http://sdk.rethinkrobotics.com/intera/Arm_Control_Systems#Collision_Avoidance

Hope this helps.

-Shiwei

Warning: RETHINK ROBOTICS DISCLAIMS COMPLIANCE BY THE PRODUCTS WITH ANSI, ISO OR OTHER INDUSTRIAL ROBOT SAFETY STANDARDS. RETHINK’S PRODUCTS INCLUDE CERTAIN SAFETY AND/OR COLLISION DETECTION TECHNOLOGY TO PREVENT POSSIBLE INJURY FROM USE OF THE PRODUCTS. THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS THE ABILITY TO DISABLE CERTAIN SAFETY MECHANISMS INCLUDED IN THE PRODUCTS, AND IF DISABLED BY USER, USER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE AND/OR HARM CAUSED BY THE PRODUCTS AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY RETHINK ROBOTICS FROM ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH DAMAGE OR HARM.

Archived