J5 joint locked to a fixed position

Tao

Hi,

I ran some interaction control examples on the robot previously. Now, J5 joint seems to be always locked to a fixed position, even if I pressed the zero-G button to move the arm. If I forcefully rotate the joint J5 in zero-G mode, it will go back to that fixed position again. I have tried to reboot the robot but it doesn't help. I attached an image which shows the fixed position that J5 always try to maintain. What went wrong? Thanks.

IMG_20180705_144932.jpg

Hi Tao,

It is possible that there is a hardware issue with the robot.  I recommend you download the log files from the robot and send them to support@rethinkrobotics.com along with the serial number of your robot and the description of the issue.

Best,

Don

9 minutes ago, Don Spear said:

Hi Tao,

It is possible that there is a hardware issue with the robot.  I recommend you download the log files from the robot and send them to support@rethinkrobotics.com along with the serial number of your robot and the description of the issue.

Best,

Don

Hi, Don

Thanks for your reply. How can I download the log files from the robot? The robot is in SDK mode. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a similar issue when I use the zero-g. Where as soon as I press the zero-g button j-5 wants to throw itself to a certain position. I'm in the process of trying to deploy the robot for CNC tending and it makes it difficult to do some of the programming. I assumed it was an incorrectly set up tool, however the only tool we ever used was a clicksmart and it happens without any tools connected. Will have to contact support as mentioned. @Tao did you ever get your issue resolved?

Archived