Gripper Joystick Controller

jorgegalds_DON

Hello everyone,

So I was trying to test the Gripper Joystick Controller found at the Intera Examples. I have a PS3 controller and have successfully paired it to my ROS using the ps3/Joy tutorial. But when I follow the Intera tutorial on how to run the program, I am always facing the error "IndexError: tuple index out of range". I know it is not the same nut I tried the Gripper Keyboard example and that one worked perfectly on my Sawyer.

If someone has experience running this example I would greatly appreciate the advice. I might also text it using an Xbox 360 controller but I think it should be working as it is because the connection is stable with the PS3 one.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Jorge

The error I get is the following:

[ERROR] [1532961792.696895]: bad callback: <bound method PS3Controller._on_joy of <intera_external_devices.joystick.PS3Controller object at 0x7fd0d8f8c110>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospy/topics.py", line 750, in _invoke_callback
    cb(msg)
  File "/home/programmer/ros_ws/src/intera_sdk/intera_examples/src/intera_external_devices/joystick.py", line 257, in _on_joy
    self._controls['btnLeft'] = (msg.buttons[15] == 1)
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Archived