Programming Sawyer

StuweXY

Hello everyone,

my goal is to be able to program Sawyer with Python. It would be ideal if I could run a simulation of my program first to see if everything is correct.

Therefor I familiarized myself with some of the provided example programs and did the MoveIt-Tutorial and also looked a bit further into RVIZ. My problem now is, I checked out the RVIZ tutorial here but the commands have not much to do with the ones used in the examples.

So my questions are: Is it better to orient myself on the example programs than on the general ros stuff? And how can I test my program, like sending it into RVIZ? I already wrote a small one for initialisation, copied it to the examples and tried running it, but I got told it wasn't an executable?!

Best regards

Small update to one of my problems: I got the Python file executable; didn't realize there is a console command necessary.

And for clarification what the actual problem is I think: the workflow.

I once programmed an ABB robot with their software. And what usually have had to be done was at first loading your objects (boxes, CAD data, ...) into a visualizer, import the necessary points into your code and then simply work with them. This kind of structure is missing here or at least I don't see it.

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Archived