Sawyer: how to access to control of cameras and data of force sensor?(SDK)

Cao Jin

Hi,

Is it possible to control cameras (focusing, set exposure time, etc) through the SDK? And how to switch on/off the light source of the hand camera? Only lights of head and cuff can be commanded through the existing example code.

Since the force control laws and algorithms are concerned, how can I read force sensor data of each joint? And is there any interface to directly read external force/torques by transformations?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot!

Updates:

Problem1: detailed camera control. Solved by signals like Mark Silliman posted, but still can't focus. 

New1: How to focus by means of ROS or Python?

New2: What's the difference between set_siganl_value and set_port_value?

Problem2: switch on/off light source. I can turn it on now by set signal 'set_strobe' of right_hand_camera true, but the light continuously blinking.

New3: How can I just turn it on? Since the light is embeded by the camera, is it possible?

Problem3: force/torque sensor data. I found a topic named /robot/limb/right/torque_data, but the type of this topic is motor_sensor_msgs/... . The massage is not defined in the sdk package, so I can't read this topic.

Thanks a lot!

Updates:

Problem1: set detailed camera control. 

Solved by signals like Mark Silliman posted, but still can't focus. 

New1: How to focus camera by means of ROS or Python?

New2: What's the difference between set_siganl_value and set_port_value?

Problem2: switch on/off light source.

I can turn it on now by set signal 'set_strobe' of right_hand_camera true, but the light continuously blinking.

New3: How can I just turn it on? Since the light is embeded by the camera, is it possible?

Problem3: read force/torque sensor data.

I found a topic named /robot/limb/right/torque_data, but the type of this topic is motor_sensor_msgs/... . The massage is not defined in the sdk package, so I can't read this topic.

New4: Is that topic the one I want? Is the package that includes the motor_sensor_msgs open source and how can I find it?

Futhermore New5: Is there any complete list of functions and devices I can use? Because I had no idea about the signals before, so I could never find these detailed camera control settings, which makes me think of many other usage I missed. Is there any detailed explanation?

Sorry for last reply which I have not completed before posting.

I will appreciate it a lot if any of potential solutions and ideas are replied!

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Access to the Sawyer's external force feedback should be rather facile, since it is essential for the devise of most interaction control algorithms. I have already sifted through the available ROS topics (many of which are inaccessible and return build fail messages when using the 'echo' command), but it was to no avail.

Are there any updates on this critical issue? 

Archived